The Australian Touring Series aims to bring a new level of professionalism to the running of EP events in Australia. Our series includes 5 rounds at 5 brilliant tracks, Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney and Brisbane. We are conducting the series on large tracks, to increase the speeds and make for more exciting racing.
We believe there is a large demand for events of this calibre in Australia, and we aim to improve the racing scene and get more people racing and enjoying themselves. Our model is based off the successful ETS series in Europe, and we hope that we can have the same impact on the racing scene in Australia as they have in Europe. We are fortunate to have the full backing of our governing body RCRA, and are in no way in competition with their events. They have assured us they have our full support, and share our view of creating a fantastic racing scene in Australia.
One of the most important aspects of a fun and lively event is having a dedicated professional race director and commentator. We are very lucky to have Australia's Chris Mitchell commentating all 4 rounds of our series. Chris is a professional commentator and is climbing his way through the ranks on the world scene, commentating the 2018 1/8th IC Offroad World Championships in Perth. Chris brings a lot to the table, and anyone that has listen to his work would agree about the life he brings to events! Chris works on and off for Live RC, and is very competent with running all the race control setups.All rounds will have live timing and video available, the world will be watching!
The series will count your best 3 of 4 rounds, this means you do not need to attend the whole series to win, but you can be sure that people attending all 4 rounds are in with a better chance of winning the overall title!
The tracks on the series will ALL be treated to ensure the best traction and most consistent racing surface for the event. All means will be taken to ensure the ultimate experience on and off the track.
What makes our event different from others?
- Better awards, more prizes and more commercial involvement from our industry leading sponsors
- Centralised network for entries, information and advice
- On site trackside support from some of Australia's leading retailers
- Team drivers from all brands in attendance to help you
- Professional time keeper and commentator
- Professional scheduling and event organisation
- Experienced racing staff who know what you want
- Increased competition and international drivers
- More streamlined and technological entry system
- Controlled Motors, Tyres and Additive for closer racing and less expense
- Unparalleled branding and merchandise
- Professionally prepared tracks, fit for the worlds best
- Friendly, relaxed and fun atmosphere where everyone enjoys themselves
- Simplified rules system to ensure a more relaxed, "less is more" approach
- Backed by RCRA with a more flexible rule and regulation system